Programming and Volunteering
The University of Mississippi offers many opportunities for personal growth outside of the classroom. Explore this page for more information about offerings and volunteer opportunities that may be of particular interest to our international student community.
Cultural Café serves as an informal weekly social venue for students, scholars, faculty and staff alike. A time to unwind and relax, have good conversation, make plans for the weekend, play games, and enjoy FREE coffee, tea and snacks. Cultural Café usually takes place every Friday from 2pm – 4pm during the academic school year (except for Fall, Spring, Christmas, and Summer breaks) at Brevard Hall in the first floor Woods Lounge. Right now, you can join us via zoom using the link found in our ISSS Student Newsletter. We hope to see you there!
Our university has more than 250 officially registered student organizations on campus. Joining student organizations is voluntary, and students may even choose to form their own organizations which reflect their interests or goals. Examples of the various official student organizations on campus include:
- Student-led organizations, events, and more!
- Student governing bodies of the campus (Associated Student Body, Graduate Student Council)
- Traditional social and lifestyle (Greek societies, fraternities and sororities, e.g. Delta Sigma Theta)
- Academic achievement or honorary societies (Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest and most prestigious undergraduate honor society in the U.S.)
- Political (College Democrats, College Republicans, Campus Liberals)
- Professional advancement and networking (Society of Professional Journalists, National Association of Black Engineers)
- Sports and recreation (Ole Miss Outdoors, Ole Miss Badminton Club)
- Religious (Muslim Student Association, Rebels for Christ)
- Internationally focused (International Students Organization, Cultural Connections Club, Korea Students Association, Cook-Eat-Share)
- Service oriented (Habitat for Humanity, Hope for Africa)
- Educational (International Learning Exchange)
- Special interests (Anime Club)
- And many more……
At the university, service is at our core. It is part of our DNA. Volunteering has meaningful, positive impacts on those around us, and it offers us an opportunity to “pay it forward”. Click the links to find out more about volunteering with
From school spirit to tailgating; organizations to academics; tradition to innovation, the University of Mississippi has always thought BIG. This year’s Big Event is no exception.
On this BIG day, students of the University of Mississippi will serve as voluntary participants in service throughout the Oxford/Lafayette area. This day of service is a chance for the Ole Miss Community to offer a BIG “Thank You” to the Oxford/Lafayette communities. These projects may include painting, yard work, washing windows, cleaning, assisting the elderly, etc. If you are a UM student, visit Student Sign Up for additional information on how to participate.