We are delighted to have you visit our website and hope that the information provided may answer many of your questions. Here are a few highlights which will interest you:
- The University of Mississippi is committed to fostering a welcoming and diverse environment for all our students.
- We welcomed 809 international students and 180 international faculty, scholar and staff (another record breaking year!) from some 94 countries to our campus this year. While international students and scholars experience our educational programs and campus in accordance with their academic and professional aspirations, they also contribute greatly to the internationalization of our campus community, bringing international perspectives to classroom discussions, expanding our research connections, creating cultural awareness among our students, and helping to engage students and colleagues to experience other countries and cultures.
- A significant percentage of our faculty bring international teaching and research experience to their class rooms and labs.
- We recently hosted delegations on campus from China, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, South Korea, Vietnam and other countries. This has resulted in the development of collaborations which generate enriching international opportunities for students and faculty. We love welcoming our guests to campus, and seeing them leave as collaborators and friends!
- The staff members of the Office of International Programs are active on a local, regional, and national scale, as chairs, trainers, mentors, presenters, contributors, etc. within our professional associations, such as NAFSA, NAFSA-Region VII, AIRC, AIEA, IIE, MAIE and StudyMississippi, and are equally engaged on campus and in the Oxford community.
I hope you may find the information on our website helpful. Contact us if you have further questions or wish to provide feedback. Oh, and “Like Us” on Facebook – see below!
Greet Provoost – Director
From our Facebook page… Like us!