skip to main content
International Student and Scholar Services
University of Mississippi

When will I get my I-20 or DS-2019?

International Student and Scholar Services issues all Forms I-20 and Forms DS-2019 for students intending to hold F-1 or J-1 visa status at the start of their studies at the University of Mississippi.

  • Form I-20 will be issued to F1 Visa Status students
  • Form DS-2019 will be issued to J1 Visa Status students


Form I-20 (or DS-2019) will be issued to you AFTER you

  • Apply to the University of Mississippi
  • Get accepted and become admitted into the University
  • Provide evidence of fiscal solvency (which may include university scholarships or external funding support) 
    • Your evidence must be deemed to meet stated requirements!


For more information about the process, see our Obtaining a Student Visa Website