When will I get my I-20 or DS-2019?
International Student and Scholar Services issues all Forms I-20 and Forms DS-2019 for students intending to hold F-1 or J-1 visa status at the start of their studies at the University of Mississippi.
- Form I-20 will be issued to F1 Visa Status students
- Form DS-2019 will be issued to J1 Visa Status students
Form I-20 (or DS-2019) will be issued to you AFTER you
- Apply to the University of Mississippi
- Get accepted and become admitted into the University
- Provide evidence of fiscal solvency (which may include university scholarships or external funding support)
- Your evidence must be deemed to meet stated requirements!
Students will be provided with the option of having Form I-20 (or DS-2019) express-mailed to them at their own cost, if so preferred. Form I-20 (or DS-2019) is needed to apply for the F-1 (or J-1) visa at your local U.S. Consulate.
For more information about the process, see our Obtaining a Student Visa Website