skip to main content
International Student and Scholar Services
University of Mississippi

What is my admissions classification?

  • The definitions below apply to degree-seeking applicants who are non-U.S. citizens only.
    • Freshman: You have never attended a college or university and have completed the equivalent of 12 years or more of elementary and secondary schooling based on your country’s educational system.
    • Transfer: You have already completed coursework at the higher education level (college or university) after having completed your secondary education, and are interested in completing a bachelor degree at the University of Mississippi.
    • Graduate: You have already earned a bachelor degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university, and are interested in completing a master or doctoral program.
  • If you plan to apply as a “non-degree seeking applicant” (visiting student, academic exchange student, or Intensive English Program student) please contact the Study Abroad Office or the Intensive English Program  so you may be appropriately advised on the application process.