skip to main content
International Student and Scholar Services
University of Mississippi

Does the University provide immigration/visa assistance for international students?

  • International Student and Scholar Services issues the proper legal documents to international students who are admitted, after financial documents have been approved. This legal document is referred to as Form I-20 or Form DS-2019,  resp. in support of the F-1 or J-1 visa application.
  • While we provide helpful tips to help international students prepare for a successful visa interview at the U.S. Consulate, whether or not a visa is ultimately issued is solely between the U.S. Consular Officer and the student.