OGE – Office of International Programs

University of Mississippi

J-1 Student On-Campus Employment Permission Request pdf

Per the regulations of the U.S. State Department, J-1 students may not engage in any on-campus employment until their request for employment permission is officially approved by the Office of International Programs. Students whose DS-2019 was issued by a sponsoring agency must contact that sponsoring agency to request employment permission. Permission may only be granted in increments of one year or less. Once approved, employment may be for up to 20 hours a week (while school is in session) during the authorized dates and at the location listed only.

For more information and pdf forms, click on “J-1 Student On-Campus Employment Permission Request” above.