Welcome to the Office of International Programs
Welcome to the University of Mississippi! On behalf of the Office of International Programs, I would like to thank you for choosing the University of Mississippi as your starting point for your educational journey in the United States.
I would like you to know that the Office of International Programs is your home away from home. We are here to help you adapt to a new culture as well as an educational system that is different from yours. I wish you the best and sincerely hope your experience at the University of Mississippi will be one that you cherish for years to come.
Director, Office of International Programs
Fall 2016 official arrival days: Aug 13 & 14
Fall 2016 International student orientation: Aug 16
This following is applicable only to 17-month STEM OPT applications adjudicated by USCIS prior to May 10, 2016:
- All existing 17-month EADs will remain valid until the EAD expires, is terminated or revoked.
- If an eligible 17-month STEM OPT participant wants to apply for the additional seven months of STEM OPT, they have until Aug. 8, 2016, to submit their application to USCIS.
- DHS will not automatically convert 17-month extensions into 24-month extensions.
- Students with pending 17-month extension applications will receive a request for evidence from USCIS to allow the student to demonstrate their eligibility for the 24-month STEM OPT extension.
- A student who has applied for a STEM extension can continue working for up to 180 days beyond the expiration of the prior post-completion OPT EAD while the STEM extension application is pending.
- The student must have at least 150 calendar days remaining prior to the end of his or her 17-month OPT extension at the time the Form I-765, is properly filed with USCIS.
Here are the power point slides from the orientation week, Spring 2016
We hope you may find the information on our website helpful. Contact us if you have further questions or wish to provide feedback. Oh, and “Like Us” on Facebook – see below!
From our Facebook page… Like us!